Writing a good essay is one of the most daunting tasks many students face if they begin college or university. Often students will procrastinate, avoiding the challenging task of beginning a report until it is practically due, resulting in a poor quality essay and a poor grade. This informative article provides several valuable tips to simply help students plan their time effectively to simply help ensure top marks.
good essay writing
In my own first year of university I struggled with essay writing as much as my peers, and possibly more. I procrastinated and avoided writing my term papers so long as possible, causing myself untold stress and worry. However, by enough time I finished graduate school I’d mastered the method of planning, researching and writing essays. In place of stress, fear and worry I was able to write with confidence and achieve top grades.
A large part of success in essay writing is within planning your time effectively. If you develop a schedule for your projects that avoids conflicts and ensures you have ample time to accomplish each task, the caliber of your writing will improve dramatically. Make use of this simple process to plan your semester and you could be more able to relax and enjoy your time in the knowledge that you have your assignments well in hand.
1. Gather your class schedules and/or syllabi.
2. Take a seat with a calendar and mark off the dates of projects, essays and exams.
3. Identify conflicts, such as multiple exams or essays happening in the same week. This is common by the end of a term.
4. Identify other dates and components of your lifetime that will conflict with your assignments. Examples could include work, athletics, family holidays or other events you can’t or don’t wish to miss.
5. Estimate simply how much time each assignment will take you. Warning – always overestimate enough time it’ll decide to try complete a project. Definitely better to finish early than to be overworked.
6. Identify blocks of time in your weekly schedule where you could get bits of work finished. In the best case you will have several 2-3 hour gaps between classes.
7. Assign enough time necessary to accomplish each project, including assignments, research, writing and preparation for exams. Use weekly available.
8. Avoid planning any work on weekends. At a minimum, try not to plan anything for Friday or Saturday nights. You will more than likely not do it anyways, so don’t make yourself feel guilty when you are doing something else. Get your projects done during the week and enjoy your time off without stress.
9. Make sure you reassess your schedule and make changes if your time estimates are inaccurate.
10. Always consider ways to make use of your time more efficiently. You will find countless ways to study more effectively, or maximize of your time while researching an essay.
If you are proactive you can avoid becoming some of those famously overworked, stressed out and miserable students that are buried under a mountain of work. Instead you can enjoy your education while earning top grades.